Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lynchburg
You realize you need to safeguard your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your loved ones live and is where you store your valuables. But what kind of home defense is ideal? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lynchburg and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to provide help at all times. If a door sensor trips or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring agents get a warning instantly. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and contact the proper emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional backup. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to act to remedy the situation. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Lynchburg
Here’s a short breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system in place is always a good choice. If you are not on site, sleeping, or don’t have your phone, your property and its occupants will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll reply more quickly to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better components and smooth integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Many residents would prefer to have the install completed by skilled professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be acceptable for many as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lynchburg
Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers might think of this as a pro as they can do the installation themselves and not have an extra charge. Others might prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may incorporate devices whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a seamless system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If a disaster unfolds, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will lead to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you need help during the installation, you might have to employ a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Lynchburg
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Lynchburg from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the right choice for you. Dial (434) 230-9263 today to speak with our security experts.