How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Lynchburg
Home security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a sign that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras arrive equipped with a number of features all designed to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools empower you to have the most from home security cameras in Lynchburg.
How To Set Up Your Lynchburg Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is mounting them in the proper spots around your home. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented spots like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great notion to have a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear scene of your front door, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room can impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in getting the all you can from home security cameras in Lynchburg. The additions described below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your smart device anytime abnormal activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin filming when motions are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with people via the device. Via your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant texts when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Lynchburg is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security rises from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (434) 230-9263 or complete the form below to get started building your home security system today.