How Can Geofencing In Lynchburg Enhance Home Security?
Today's residential security installations are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, you may still neglect to perform basic security chores like activating your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to remember doing these tasks in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Lynchburg, you can simply drive off to work and have your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Lynchburg For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your house, which you may set up in your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to share information with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto one, unified network. You can draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your property, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Lynchburg. With the mobile app, you are able to do a lot with automation. Just tap your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the fan if the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera senses unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in concert with each other. Make your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable the security system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Lynchburg
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (434) 230-9263 or complete the following form to start designing your ideal security system.