What features do you need in a baby monitor in Lynchburg?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You install a microphone-type device on a table next to the sleeping area, transmitting sound to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, some monitors now offer HD video and two-way talk. You can even connect your monitors to your wireless network so you are able to move around all over the house. The leading baby monitors in Lynchburg are so elaborate that they mimic inside surveillance in both capabilities and expense.
Can you swap out a baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate similar capabilities, there are quite a few parents in Lynchburg integrating their baby's room to their overall home defense. It’s a smart approach -- specifically when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Night vision video: Your security camera should have at minimum 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● 2-way communications: You won’t always have to go into the room to quiet your child back to a restful state. Your calming voice may be the only requirement to keep them asleep.
● Sensors and alerts: While you can have your camera function around the clock to carefully watch your newborn, your own alertness might start to lag. Conversely, if your security camera detects anything unusual, then you can get a text alert on your phone. This is helpful if your child silently tries to climb out of the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the nursery.
● Save and send recordings: Most baby monitors don’t record the video. You can now transmit a short segment to grandparents to show them what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Smartphone access: In lieu of having to lug an external monitor wherever you go, you may now view your child from a simple smartphone app. You can even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.